9-10-2023 Lytle Cross Country at Bandera Meet
On Saturday, September 9, 2023, the Lytle Pirate Cross Country team traveled to Bandera City Park for their 4th Meet of the year and the halfway point of our season. This group continues to amaze me and make me proud as 16 of the 17 medalled.
The Varsity girls team finished 2nd behind the #1 team in 4A, Fredericksburg. They were again led by sophomores Frances Scotello and Klayre Cook. This young group, who currently only has 2 runners from last year's team of the 7, has competed against over 32 schools this year and has only lost to two, the #1 team in 3A, Poth, and #1 team in 4A, Fredericksburg. Now they will be tested some more as we travel to Corpus on Saturday, September 16, 2023, for a Region IV preview and Round Rock next week for a State preview.
The Varsity boys were missing 3 of the 4, so they could not qualify as a team, but they definitely made their presence known. They all finished in the top 10 and battled against a talented Texas Military Institute group. They had a little extra motivation as they were passed over this week by Eustace in the rankings.
The Junior Varsity girls also could not field a team this week but had great performances all around as they finished in the top 10 and battled a great Fredericksburg group. They were led by Isabella Sewell and had all been making great gains. They are trying to make a statement to get moved up to Varsity.
The Junior Varsity boys were also missing one more for a complete team and all finished in the top 5, led by sophomore Lucas Salazar.
The team next travels down to Corpus for the Islander Splash to get a preview of what to expect in a little over a month.
VARSITY GIRLS (2ND/9 TEAMS)
- 6 Frances Scotello - 12:36.67
- 12 Klayre Cook - 12:55.83
- 20 Vanessa Ayala - 13:17.86
- 21 Laleina Reveira - 13:19.39
- 26 Svetlana Lopez - 13:31.08
VARSITY BOYS (NO TEAM)
- 3 Johnny Rey Alvarez - 16:40.43
- 5 Bryan Montes - 16:57.77
- 6 Yandel Esquivez - 17:11.45
- 7 Diego Reyna - 17:12.54
JUNIOR VARSITY GIRLS (NO TEAM)
- 1 Isabella Sewell - 13:40.61
- 5 Addison Wagner - 13:59.34
- 7 Kimora Sanchez - 14:27.39
- 8 Annika Robles - 14:41.67
JUNIOR VARSITY BOYS (NO TEAM)
- 1 Lucas Salazar - 17:51.69
- 2 Nathan Garza - 19:01.45
- 4 Jaden Castro - 19:38.51
- 5 Kaden Aguinaga - 19:38.54