Public Relations Director
For 30+ years, I have provided strategic communications consulting, writing, editing, graphics design and video production services for clients who desire to effectively communicate with employee, public, shareholder and community audiences. In the past ten years, I have proudly worked in public education as an instructor for digital media subjects, including: game design, animation, audio/video production, commercial photography, graphics design and website development. For the past seven years, I have served as a Public Relations Director for Southwest ISD and currently, Lytle ISD where I enjoy a hybrid role in working with high school digital design students. Together, we create many high quality, published media projects that communicate our mission to Lytle ISD students, families, staff and community audiences.
My heart belongs to my husband, Jason, and our six children, Justus, Malorri, Jonah, Blane, Bella and Brady. My family overflows with intelligent, funny, caring and patriotic people. We actively look for ways to give back more than we take from this world.
I am an active member of my church, St. Louis, and I taught CCD for 14+ years. Prior to becoming a teacher at Lytle, I worked at USAA in Corporate Communications in the video production and print communications departments as well as in a communications advisor role to the Senior Vice Presidents of several lines of business. After USAA, I started my own communications consulting and production company called Kidmnunications, Inc. where I specialized in multimedia digital communications for young people between the ages of 12 and 24. During this time, I had the flexibility to spend many hours volunteering at St. Louis Catholic School and Medina Valley Castroville Elementary, where three of my children attended school. As often as possible, I try to stay active and healthy riding my bike, walking/running, gardening and instructing group HIIT or fitness dance classes. I currently offer a free class for Lytle ISD staff called Lytle STRONG.
Multimedia writing and editing skills:
- Audio, video, live event, and broadcast scripts
- Newsletter, magazine, newspaper articles
- Training and curriculum development plus materials design
- Proposals and presentations
- Press releases and media pitches
- Electronic and digital communications, including website, social media, podcasts, online video
- Executive messages and speeches
Technical skills for quality communications:
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite - Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Sharepoint
- Advanced user of Google Office suite - Docs, Draw, Slides, Sheets and Sites
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite products - Express, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, After Effects, Premiere Pro
- Experienced user of other audio and video editing software - Pinnacle, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Garage Band and Adobe Audition
- Advanced user of web design infrastructures such as Microsoft SharePoint, Google Sites, Blackboard, Adobe Express Webpage Presentation
- Understanding of basic HTML
- Experience operating commercial quality Electronic News Gathering production equipment — video cameras, lighting, dolly, porta-jib camera mounts, microphones, audio board, live event switcher, teleprompter
- Experienced on-camera talent and news anchor
- Experienced in planning, setting up, directing and switching live events and large audience events/productions